Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
HWCLI’s Virtual VITA Program is closed for the season.
For Free online tax assistance, please visit: www.getyourrefund.org
This information is for those using: www.getyourrefund.org
• Valid Photo Identification (You and your spouse, if you are filing jointly)
•Social Security Card for taxpayer and any dependents being claimed.
• W-2 for all jobs you had in 2020
• Proof of any cash income being claimed
• Voided check and/or savings account number if you want direct deposit of your refund (Optional).
• Receipts for all deductions being claimed
• Form 1099-R or SSA if you receive a pension or Social Security
• Form 1099-G if you received unemployment benefits
• If you have educational expenses, bring the 1098-T or 1098-E form
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099– DIV or INT)
• Total paid for child care & child care providers tax ID or Social Security
• Number of child care provider
• Form 1098—Mortgage interest and property taxes
• If you purchased health insurance through the New York State of Health Marketplace, bring form 1095-A or B
This year, all taxpayers must have a valid email address and reliable access to the internet to utilize our service.
We cannot prepare your taxes if you have:
• Health Savings Account
• Any of the following income: rent income (Scheduled E), royalties, partnerships, trust or farm income, Air BnB Income
• Tax returns for ministers or members of the clergy.
• Moving expenses
• Form 4797 Sales of Business Property.
• Self-employed health insurance deductions.
• Domestic productions activities (form 8903).
• Credits from forms 2439, 8839 and 8885.
• Federal tax fuel Scheduled 4136.
• Household employment Scheduled H.
• PR income, Foreign Earned Income exemption (forms 2555/2555-EZ).
• Adoption Credit.
• Out of state returns or part-year residents of NYS
GetYourRefund is a non-profit service built by Code for America in partnership with IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites nationally. Code for America is a non-profit technology organization dedicated to making government work for the people that need it most.
Join us in creating a future for Long Island in which everyone has an equal opportunity to prosper and thrive.
Join Our Network
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Established in 1947, the Health and Welfare Council of Long Island (HWCLI) is a regional, nonprofit umbrella organization for health and human service providers. We are dedicated to improving the lives of Long Island’s most vulnerable residents by responding to their needs through the promotion and development of public policies and direct services.
We've Moved! 110 Walt Whitman Road, Suite 101, Huntington Station, NY 11746
Tune in now to watch our keynote speaker, @drturnerlee!
Dr. Nicol Turner Lee is a senior fellow in Governance Stu… https://t.co/BInSuDd9X2
#2 weeks ago
We are live! Click this link to join: https://t.co/5GKie5tdQ4 https://t.co/DU3s2ChKMP
#2 weeks ago
Copyright ©2019 HWCLI. All Rights Reserved. Designed by FBC