The deadline to submit all applications and all materials is Friday, May 22 at 6:00PM.
Click here to start a new application as a new grantee.
Click here to submit an application as a returning grantee.
Please note that the online applications do not have an option to save and return later. To view a PDF copy of the online form to help prepare your agency’s application, please click here for the new grantee application or click here for the returning grantee application. These PDFs can be used to prepare your answers, but all responses must be submitted using the online surveys linked in the relevant yellow button above.
RESOURCES FOR APPLICANTS
FOR NEW APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in the HWCLI Emergency Food and Shelter Program Grant. This application process has two components:
- Complete the online application, and
- Email the following supplemental documents to email@example.com with the subject line “EFSP APP – [your agency name]”
- A brief history of your organization.
- A brief statement of the emergency needs in your community and a description of the program your agency currently operates to meet these needs.
- Describe agency’s internal accounting system that will monitor spending in the program.
- Agency’s ability to serve entire jurisdiction (entire county) if providing rent/mortgage/utility payments, food vouchers, food baskets or food pantry on premises.
- How money spent will be accounted for, in specific terms.
- Copy of agency’s 501(C)(3) Internal Revenue Service charitable determination.
- A list of the volunteer Board of Directors, indicating addresses and officers.
- Operating budget for current and prior year – Breakdown of Revenues and Expenses.
- Audited Financial Statements – most recent.
- Form 990 – most recent.
Please read the material carefully and submit all application materials by 6:00PM on Friday, May 22.
Below are additional criteria and key information pertaining to the EFSP Grant Applications:
- EFSP funds must supplement CURRENT EMERGENCY feeding, sheltering and rent/mortgage and utility assistance efforts only (startup funding for a new service is prohibited).
- Eligible programs must serve the entire county jurisdiction.
- The information included on the application is required by the EFSP National Board and must be provided to be considered for participation in the program by the Local EFSP Board.
- All complete applications will be considered at the next meeting of the Oversight Committee and the Local Board.
- A notice will be sent to inform agencies of the Local Board’s decision.
- Criteria for selection are in accordance with the National Board’s guidelines and availability of funds.
Thank you for carefully reading the enclosed material. Any questions about your application can be directed to Lori Andrade at HWCLI at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
FOR RETURNING APPLICANTS
Please complete this online application. Any questions can be directed to Lori Andrade at email@example.com.