Executive Assistant/Office Manager
The Health and Welfare Council of Long Island (HWCLI) is a not for profit, health and human services planning, research/public education and advocacy organization that serves as an umbrella organization for a network of nonprofit organizations engaging in human service delivery across the Long Island region.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
HWCLI seeks an energetic, passionate, and socially conscious individual to provide executive support to the CEO and administrative and office support to staff in support of the organization’s goals and plans.
• Provide high-level administrative support to the President/CEO
• Liaise between the President/CEO and other staff to answer questions and resolve or refer concerns by proactively communicating those needs to the involved internal and external resources
• Check CEO’s calendar every day, ensuring meeting set ups are completed prior to meetings, materials are printed and CEO is prepared.
• Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel when requested.
• Scheduling: Board & Finance meetings; events and meetings as requested by CEO.
• Create and maintain filing system for CEO and important office documents.
• Organize and attend meetings/events, greet people, take minutes and ensure all records
(sign ins) are prepared and managed.
• Routinely prepare and mail thank you letters to thank speakers, panelists and others who work with the organization.
• Working with network of nonprofits to strengthen communication, record and pursue dues and provide support as needed.
• Prepare reports as requested.
• Engage in fundraising activities as requested.
Office Management/Administrative Program Support:
• Keep track of master calendar of events.
• Order & Maintain supplies, manage office tasks such as watering plants, making coffee and creating a happy work atmosphere.
• Engage in vendor management: liaising with organization’s vendors and identifying opportunities for more efficient services.
• Distribute mail
• Monitor equipment (cell phones, IT, copy machine, phones) and contact IT and other vendors for fixes as needed.
• Routinely check supply stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Liaison with building or public maintenance if needed.
• Coordinate any retention/disposal of documents.
• Managing appointments, calls and greeting clients.
• Answer hotline calls for services, communicating effectively and thoughtfully to promote client engagement and comfortability in accessing services.
• Order food for events etc., taking care of travel arrangements and other administrative functions for office staff.
• Engage in direct service work as requested.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience
• Strong desire to be an active team member in a social justice-driven, team oriented human services environment.
• High level of emotional intelligence (EQ) and communication skills.
• Strong coordination and administrative skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to pay close attention to details.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, take direction and meet deadlines.
• Comfortability working independently and as part of a diverse team.
• Desire to contribute to a dynamic, creative and thoughtful office culture.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and web-based database required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• Retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time-off.
• Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment making a positive impact in our region.
Job Type: Full-time
Drop Your CV
Please enter your details below in order to apply for a position within our company
Established in 1947, the Health and Welfare Council of Long Island (HWCLI) is a regional, nonprofit umbrella organization for health and human service providers. We are dedicated to improving the lives of Long Island’s most vulnerable residents by responding to their needs through the promotion and development of public policies and direct services.
We've Moved! 110 Walt Whitman Road, Suite 101, Huntington Station, NY 11746
From @RebeccaSanin & the HWCLI team, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! This year, we are thrilled to share our virt… https://t.co/Kq5EljQ8jY
#14 hours ago
Thank you, @BankofAmerica!
@ConnieVerducci @robert_isaksen @RebeccaSanin https://t.co/vGxkQ9DcTh
#3 days ago
Copyright ©2019 HWCLI. All Rights Reserved. Designed by FBC